Monday, December 10, 2007

God Bless Her 'Cause She's My Mother

Category: Personal




Mom at Porter Wagoner's dressing room door, 1997

After 17 days of suffering, my mom has been rewarded with healing and life eternal. At about 1 PM Sunday afternoon, the life support machines were turned off. Thankfully, she survived for about ten hours off the respirator (which removes that psychological guilt when one signs the papers to authorize a patient's living will be carried out).

My family and I thank you for the prayers and well-wishes, and we would appreciate continued prayers in the days ahead as we adjust to life without her.

She was the first to ever love me
The first to hold me to her breast
God bless her 'cause she is my mother
And she'll be the last one I'll forget
--Ira & Charlie Louvin, "God Bless Her ('Cause She's My Mother)"

3 comments:

Sharon Cobb said...

I am so so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Sincerest condolences for your loss. May God Bless your mother and your family.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. Praying warm memories will give you comfort.