Friday, December 13, 2013

Ray Price Goes Home With Hospice Care

Category:  News

One day after the sad announcement that Hall of Famer Ray Price's cancer has spread from his pancreas to his liver, lungs and intestines and he is now "terminal" the 87-year-old has left the hospital and returned to his home in east Texas.  There, under hospice care, he will spend his last days in the company of his wife Janie, family and friends in warm, familiar surroundings.  

Earlier today Janie posted Ray's "final message" of thanks and farewell to his fans:

"I love my fans and have devoted my life to reaching out to them. I appreciate their support all these years, and I hope I haven't let them down. I am at peace. I love Jesus. I'm going to be just fine. Don't worry about me. I'll see you again one day."


To paraphrase the opening of "Crazy Arms," blue ain't the word for the way that we feel.


No comments: