Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Sick Call: Jim Ed Brown

Category:  News

Jim Ed Brown has lung cancer.

The 80-year-old country legend announced today (9/30) that he has been diagnosed with lung cancer and has been advised by his oncologists to take time off to receive treatment.

Here's the statement that he posted on his Facebook page today:

Some of you may have heard various rumors since I had to cancel a few shows over the past few weekends.  To clarify and put those rumors to bed, I wanted to just come out and explain what is going on.
Two weeks ago, I was diagnosed with lung cancer.  At that time, I was in shock and scared, as I didn't know what that really meant.  After testing, the doctors have asked me to take the next four months off from touring and to focus on chemotherapy and radiation treatments to shrink the cancer cells.
I will keep you all updated on the progress.  I am forever grateful for the love, support, and prayers during this time.


Keep this great gentleman and country superstar in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: